DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police say that a key road is closed because of a crash and that the closure will cause problems with the Monday morning commute.
Police said at 7:20 p.m. Sunday that South Alston Avenue/N.C. 55 was closed between Linwood Avenue and Cox Avenue after a crash that happened around 6 p.m.
Two vehicles collided and knocked down a power pole during the wreck just south of the Durham Freeway/N.C. 147, Durham police said.
There were no serious injuries.
“The road is expected to be blocked for several hours and this closure may affect the morning commute,” the news release from Durham police said on Sunday night.
The road remained closed Monday morning and the closure was expanded to E. Lawson Street and Linwood Avenue. No estimate has been given for when work will be complete and when the road will be reopened.
Drivers are being advised to avoid the area altogether.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Moore County Sheriff’s Office phone lines restored after brief outage
- Fayetteville woman charged after mother-in-law found deceased following domestic disturbance
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now