DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A driver died in a crash in Durham Saturday after sideswiping another car, police said.
The deadly crash happened just after 11 a.m. along U.S. 15/501 north of West Cornwallis Road, according to a news release from Durham police.
The crash happened as a 2018 Chevrolet Cruze, heading north of U.S. 15/501, was sideswiped on the left side by a northbound 2015 Nissan Sentra, according to the news release.
The Nissan kept traveling north, went off the right side of the road and hit a guardrail and a tree, police said.
The driver of the Nissan Sentra died at the scene. No one in the Chevrolet was injured.
The wreck is still under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- All-Black officiating crew makes NFL history
- Trio arrested in drive-by shooting that killed 10-year-old girl; 21 bullets fired into home
- Enforcing tighter COVID-19 rules? Raleigh’s mayor weighs in
- Get paid $2,500 to watch 25 holiday movies in 25 days
- NC gyms, fitness centers impacted by Gov. Cooper’s new COVID-19 restrictions