DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after they say a driver was shot by occupants of another vehicle Tuesday afternoon.
Police say the shooting happened in the 2100 block of Cheek Road.
The victim was driving when a shot was fired by the occupant(s) of another vehicle and struck the victim, police say.
Police say the victim then crashed into a parked vehicle. The victim is being treated for serious injuries.
In images from the scene, it appeared an SUV crashed into a trailer portion of a tractor-trailer.
There is no word on what led up to the shooting.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
- Man buys car for stranger after learning of ‘distraught’ single mother’s plight
- Idaho men charged with conspiring to sell hard-to-trace guns in North Carolina
- Lara Trump and ‘Diamond and Silk’ to appear in Johnston County Wednesday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now