DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A school bus with Durham elementary school students on board was involved in a collision with a police car Wednesday afternoon, according to Durham Public Schools spokesperson Chip Sudderth.
There were 25 students from Burton and Harris elementary schools on board. About five students suffered minor injuries, and the driver reported some shoulder pain.
Neither students nor the driver were transported to the hospital, Sudderth said. Durham police said the police officer involved was transported to the hospital, but was treated and released by 6 p.m.
The collision happened near Taylor and North Elm streets.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now