DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police quickly made an arrest following a shooting that left a man seriously injured on Tuesday night, according to authorities.
Police responded to a shooting call in the 2400-block of Nebo Street at 9:02 p.m. and arrived on scene to find a 26-year-old man who had been shot in the back.
The man was transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
During the course of the investigation, investigators determined that the shooting actually occurred in the 3000-block of E. Weaver Street and the victim had driven himself to Nebo Street to try to find help.
Police have arrested and charged Ronnell Davone Canion, 25, of Durham, with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and discharging a firearm within the city limits.
Canion is being held in the Durham County Jail under $150,000 secured bond.
The victim and suspect are known to each other, police said.
This shooting was at least the fifth in the city since Monday morning. Three people were murdered on Monday and there was at least one other shooting in Durham on Main Street on Tuesday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump’s tax revelation could tarnish image that fueled rise
- Raleigh police chief says ‘more arrests coming’ after downtown protests lead to damage, vandalism
- Kamala Harris to talk about Supreme Court vacancy in Raleigh visit, hold roundtable event Monday
- Large procession, funeral planned for Clayton firefighter who died from COVID-19
- NC police crack down on speeders after new stretch of I-840 loop opens
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now