DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A Durham massage parlor operator who had her establishment closed amid a human trafficking and prostitution operation plead guilty to charges Friday.
Lian Jin Xu, the operator of the Neon Moon Spa on South Miami Boulevard, plead guilty to three counts of promoting prostitution and three counts of conspiracy to promote prostitution.
A Durham judge sentenced Xu to three years probation.
If she violates the terms of her probation, she could face 4 to 7 years in prison. Xu is prohibited from traveling out of North Carolina, has to wear an ankle monitor and she was required to give up her passport.
Xu is also prohibited from operating a massage parlor in the future.
- South Johnston High School football player, two others injured in Benson shooting
- I-95 in Robeson County reopens after wreck involving 20 vehicles
- 2 killed, 8 others shot, in ‘violent incident of huge magnitude’ at SC night club
- Jerry Weakens Slightly, With Our Eyes on a Couple Other Waves
- Wake Correctional Center inmate missing from work assignment in Garner
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now