DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating two different wrecks on Interstate-40 in Durham Sunday night.
The crashes happened around 9:30 p.m. near exit 278, which is the exit for N.C. Highway 54.
One car ran off the road into the ditch.
The driver was transported to a nearby hospital with injuries.
Then a Durham police officer had his cruiser rear ended at the scene.
The officer was not injured. Both of the wrecks are under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man severely injured after bear attacks him inside Colorado home
- Police: Florida man, 82, fatally shoots neighbor, 11-year-old girl over dispute about a dog
- Clayton family of 7 escapes house fire Friday morning
- Watchdog details storm of political pressure from White House in ‘Sharpiegate’
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 200 stores