DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police identified the boy who was shot an killed early Sunday morning as 15-year-old Michael Harris, an update said Wednesday.
The deadly shooting happened just before 3 a.m. Sunday at an apartment complex along the 200 block of Seven Oaks Road, Durham police said.
Harris was taken to the hospital where he later died.
A neighbor at Seven Oaks said she witnessed a group of between six and 10 teens gathering in a parking lot of the complex before the shooting happened.
No charges have been filed.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Mitchell at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29335 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
- NC sheriff’s daughter indicted in 2021 fentanyl death
- Man who robbed several NC banks gets 5+ years in prison
- NC woman dead after she’s hit by truck in driveway of home; driver faces DWI charge, police say
- Homicide clearance rates improve to 58%; violent crime down from 2021: Durham crime report
- Cumberland Co. Schools at least 55 bus drivers short as start of school year looms