DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities were on the scene of a drowning in a pond in the area of Emerald Pond Lane in Durham.
Police say the body of a man in his 80s was recovered from the pond shortly after 8 a.m. Sunday.
The man, who suffered from cognitive impairment, wandered off from an independent senior living community Saturday evening, police said.
The Durham County Sherriff’s Office Search and Recovery Team recovered the body from the water.
“The death does not appear to be suspicious,” police said in a news release.
- NC prison to serve as vaccine hub for inmates; officials working on vaccination plan
- Pawleys Island grandmother seeks justice after man’s murder
- Downtown Raleigh businesses brace for possible protests after pandemic and summer protests
- Sampson County church to host concert as NC continues to grapple with COVID-19 pandemic
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now