DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after a burglar shattered windows with a large rock and broke into multiple businesses on Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard.
According to police, the break-in alarm calls came in just after 3 a.m. at Konrad Automotive, Midas and Honey Baked Ham Company. The suspect used a large rock to break the windows on the businesses and get inside, police said.
All three businesses are near one another in the 3600-block of Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard.
Police originally said some items were taken from each business, but they don’t believe they took much since the alarms went off. CBS 17 spoke with those who own or manage the businesses who said the suspect only stole change from one business and nothing from the other two.
The manager of Honey Baked Ham told CBS 17 that nothing was stolen but the burglar left a mess inside the store. The owner of Konrad Automotive said the same thing.
Someone at Midas told CBS 17 that the burglar broke windows and stole some change, but that was it.
Police have no suspects at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC police swarmed by ‘hostile crowd’ of about 50 after drug bust, officials say
- NC hospital system sends workers flier on race: ’16 bridge-building tips for white people’
- VIDEO: Crews implode former NC prison to make way for National Guard center
- Walt Disney World reopens as coronavirus cases surge in Florida
- NC records highest single-day increase of new COVID-19 cases Saturday; record hospitalizations
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now