DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after a burglar shattered windows with a large rock and broke into multiple businesses on Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard.
According to police, the break-in alarm calls came in just after 3 a.m. at Konrad Automotive, Midas and Honey Baked Ham Company. The suspect used a large rock to break the windows on the businesses and get inside, police said.
All three businesses are near one another in the 3600-block of Durham-Chapel Hill Boulevard.
Police originally said some items were taken from each business, but they don’t believe they took much since the alarms went off. CBS 17 spoke with those who own or manage the businesses who said the suspect only stole change from one business and nothing from the other two.
The manager of Honey Baked Ham told CBS 17 that nothing was stolen but the burglar left a mess inside the store. The owner of Konrad Automotive said the same thing.
Someone at Midas told CBS 17 that the burglar broke windows and stole some change, but that was it.
Police have no suspects at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No injuries after small plane crashes at Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport
- Revisiting Prince Charles’ 1996 trip to The Biltmore
- NC woman describes attack by possible coyote; photos show some of 13 puncture wounds
- Now approved to administer COVID-19 vaccine, NC dentists eager to help fight pandemic
- It’s a girl, Harry and expecting mom Meghan tell Oprah about 2nd child