DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police are investigating after two people were found shot about a block apart from each other, spokesperson Kammie Michael said.
Officers responded to the 1100 block of South Roxboro Street around 4:30 p.m. They found a man who had been shot in the leg. Shortly after, they found a second man along the 100 block of East Umstead Street who was also suffering from a gunshot wound, police said.
Both were taken to the hospital.
The two scenes are a two-minute walk from each other, according to Google Maps.
Police are trying to determine the circumstances surrounding the shootings, police said.
This story will be updated as more information is released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hughes scores 25, Syracuse blows out Pittsburgh 72-49
- Clark’s 3-pointer lifts Virginia past Virginia Tech, 56-53
- House passes bill to make lynching a federal crime, 65 years after death of Emmett Till
- Durham Housing Authority says vast majority of McDougald Terrace residents remain displaced
- Ryan Newman returns to work after Daytona 500 crash
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now