DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police are investigating after two men were shot Monday night and one later died.
According to police, officers responded to a gunshot wound call just before 10 p.m. in the 100-block of Davidson Avenue. Once at the scene, they found two men “suffering from life-threatening wounds.”
Both victims were taken to the hospital for treatment. One victim later died at the hospital, police said.
The second victim is currently listed in stable condition.
The shooting remains under investigation and police said they have no further details at this time.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Remains of missing Texas soldier identified, family lawyer says
- Friends remember woman killed by ‘celebratory gunfire’ in Durham
- I-40 west reopens after deadly crash near S. Saunders Street in Raleigh
- Severe thunderstorm warning expires for Johnston County, part of Harnett County
- 1st arrest in NC lake under law named for teen killed by drunk boater
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now