DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after a woman was found murdered inside an apartment on Sunday night, according to authorities.
Police responded to an apartment in the 100-block of Commerce Street around 9 p.m. Once at the scene, police entered the apartment and found a woman dead inside.
The victim has been identified as Rebecca Baldwin, 46, of Durham.
Police said the murder appears to have been the result of a domestic incident.
No charges have been filed and police released no suspect information.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Turner at (919) 560-4440, 29163 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh man charged with possession of drug known as ‘monkey dust’
- Jews For Trump car parade stirs protests, fights in New York
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old Tennessee boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in home
- Halloween goes on at the White House with a few twists
- Texas 3-year-old dies after accidentally shooting himself during his birthday party
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now