DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — The main race up for a decision in Durham this midterm election season has be who will serve as the next sheriff. Well, the answer is in and it’s incumber Sheriff Clarence Birkhead.

Unlike many other races on the ballot, there was no Republican running.

Incumbent Sheriff Clarence Birkhead, a Democrat, was up against Maria Jocys, who ran as an unaffiliated candidate.

With 100% of precincts reporting, Birkhead took a commanding total 71.52% of the vote with Jocys taking the remaining 28.48%.

Outside of this race for sheriff, three bond referenda will also be decided on Election Day.

The bonds, if approved, would allocate more than $550 million to improve and expand schooling facilities as well as provide direct funding for projects at the North Carolina Museum of Life and Science and Durham Technical Community College.

For a look at what each bond aims to accomplish, check out this explainer of all the bonds CBS 17 is tracking.