DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police have closed a road because of a traffic crash and shooting investigation Friday afternoon.
On Friday at about 3:30 p.m., an altercation at the BP station at 2432 Erwin Road escalated and a man was shot.
Police say a man was in his car when multiple shots were fired at his vehicle.
That’s when the wounded man’s car rolled into the street and it struck two other cars.
The suspect then fled west on Erwin Road in a black Jeep Cherokee.
The victim was transported to Duke University Hospital, which was nearby. An alert was issued for Duke University campus.
Erwin Road is closed near Douglas Street.
The city of Durham Police is investigating. Drivers and pedestrians are encouraged to avoid the area.
- NCDHHS reports lowest daily COVID-19 case number since June 2
- Man says he was discriminated against at casino for bringing a purse
- UNCW suspends fall sports until spring
- Military veterans say racism in the ranks often isn’t camouflaged: ‘It hurt me dearly’
- President Trump tweets support for college football season amid pandemic
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now