DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police have closed a road because of a traffic crash and shooting investigation Friday afternoon.
On Friday at about 3:30 p.m., an altercation at the BP station at 2432 Erwin Road escalated and a man was shot.
Police say a man was in his car when multiple shots were fired at his vehicle.
That’s when the wounded man’s car rolled into the street and it struck two other cars.
The suspect then fled west on Erwin Road in a black Jeep Cherokee.
The victim was transported to Duke University Hospital, which was nearby. An alert was issued for Duke University campus.
Erwin Road is closed near Douglas Street.
The city of Durham Police is investigating. Drivers and pedestrians are encouraged to avoid the area.
- Why is NCDOT selling a sliver of land in downtown Raleigh for $20,000?
- A month later, Durham police still investigating threat of violence at private school
- Cape Fear Valley Medical Center working on fix after victims billed as much as $5,000 for rape kits
- Police: Drunk driver runs red light, kills woman in Florida crash
- Dog attack leads to arrest of SC man on animal fighting, cruelty charges