DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police have closed a road because of a traffic crash and shooting investigation Friday afternoon.
On Friday at about 3:30 p.m., an altercation at the BP station at 2432 Erwin Road escalated and a man was shot.
Police say a man was in his car when multiple shots were fired at his vehicle.
That’s when the wounded man’s car rolled into the street and it struck two other cars.
The suspect then fled west on Erwin Road in a black Jeep Cherokee.
The victim was transported to Duke University Hospital, which was nearby. An alert was issued for Duke University campus.
Erwin Road is closed near Douglas Street.
The city of Durham Police is investigating. Drivers and pedestrians are encouraged to avoid the area.
- New York City EMT suffers stroke driving ambulance, then colleague who came to help has aneurysm
- Samuel Adams Halloween beer now illegal in 15 states
- 13-year-old reported missing in Cumberland County
- Police: Kentucky man beat sister with pan, killed dad with crossbow
- WATCH: Lady Gaga falls off stage after fan tries to pick her up
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now