DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — April is North Carolina Beer Month and in Durham they’re celebrating not only that, but the city’s 150th anniversary, with a tap takeover.
Seven Durham-based breweries have teamed up with a local Durham partner to create a brew that celebrates the city’s birthday and its diversity.
On April 11, The Glass Jug will put all seven Durham 150 beers on tap.
These are the breweries and their partners, along with the beer they’re creating:
- Ponysaurus Brewing and Dashi (Szechuan Peppercorn Ale)
- Starpoint Brewing and NanaTaco (Tortilla Mexican Lager)
- The Glass Jug Beer Lab and Durham Distillery featuring Conniption Gins (Belgian Witbier with Gin Botanicals)
- Bull City Burger & Brewery and Durham, N.C. (Durhamer Ale)
- Fullsteam Brewery and Goorsha Durham (Tella/Tej Beer)
- Barrel Culture Brewing and Blending (partner and beer TBD)
- Durty Bull Brewing Company (partner and beer TBD)
The Durham 150th Tap Takeover goes from 2 p.m. to 11:55 p.m. at The Glass Jug Beer Lab, located at 5410 N.C. Highway 55, Suite V, Durham.