DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police arrested a woman on shooting an robbery charges from April, according to a press release Wednesday.
Mirikal Peaks, 24, of Durham, was arrested by members of the U.S. Marshals Service Joint Fugitive Task Force. Durham police believe she had something to do with a 27-year-old man being shot in the chest during an argument and robbery on April 28, the release said.
That robbery happened around 10:30 p.m. April 28 in the parking lot of an apartment along the 3500 block of Mayfair Street.
Peaks is charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, and conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon, the release said.
Peaks is being held at the Durham County Jail on a $300,000 bond.
- Wake Forest police ask for help identifying 2 connected to grocery store larcenies
- Soldier from Fayetteville dies in SC during training
- WWII veteran wants 100 birthday cards for his 100th birthday
- High school football player in ICU after collapsing during game
- Police identify Harnett County man who drowned at Topsail Beach
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now