DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Three Durham men were arrested Wednesday in connection with the fatal shooting of a 26-year-old man on Sunday.
The shooting occurred just after 2 a.m. in the 3600 block of Hillsborough Road.
Otha Watson and a woman were both shot, police said.
Watson was taken to the hospital where he died later Sunday. The woman suffered non-life threatening injuries in the shooting, police said.
On Wednesday, Durham police, with help from the FBI Raleigh-Durham Safe Streets Task Force and the Wake County Sheriff’s Office, arrested three men in relation to the killing, police said.
Brothers Rashawn Harwell, 25, and Larry Harwell, 28, along with Taylor Jones, 27, were all taken into custody and each charged with murder and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
They have been placed in Durham County Jail without bond.
Durham police said the suspects knew the shooting victims.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call Investigator Brinkley at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29322 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
*A previous version of this story indicated all three suspects were brothers. Durham police issued a correction that said Taylor Jones is a not a brother to the Harwells. The story has been updated to reflect that change.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Orange County school leaders to meet again after 2 hours of debating in-person learning plans
- NC to allow indoor visits at nursing homes as progress made against COVID-19
- 2 Cumberland County schools to close for cleaning after staffers test positive for COVID-19
- Does smoke exposure increase firefighters’ susceptibility to COVID-19? It’s possible, UNC researcher says
- Man wounded in Durham shooting along East Main Street, police say