DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A company boring a hole in a construction area struck a gas main, causing a leak that has shut down a section of a major road, according to Durham officials.
According to Durham fire officials, workers busted a 10-inch gas main which has caused the road to be shut down. The road is estimated to be closed until at least 8 p.m. so repairs can be made.
Both sides of N.C. Highway 751 is currently shut down from Interstate 40 to Calibre Park Drive due to the leak, police said.
The on-ramp to I-40 west from N.C. 751 and Southpoint Auto Park Boulevard at N.C. 751 are also closed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Law enforcement officers across NC to join in procession to honor fallen Nash County deputy
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree turns on, with virus restrictions
- Florida Sen. Rick Scott promises uphill battle for Biden’s Cabinet picks
- Trump teases 2024 run at White House Christmas party
- Trump threatens to veto defense bill unless it ends protections for social media companies