DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — An inmate who escaped from a prison work-release assignment in Durham Monday night has been captured, officials said in a news release.
Robert Terrell, 42, an inmate at the Orange Correctional Center in Hillsborough, was captured at 2:20 a.m. Tuesday by Durham police at Cornwallis Road at S. Roxboro Road.
Terrell was serving the last 10 months of a 6.5-year sentence as a habitual felon, the news release said.
He was at a work release assignment on East Club Boulevard in Durham when he was last seen around 6 p.m., officials said.
Terrell is about 5-feet 10-inches, weighs about 240 pounds, and is bald with a beard.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Ohio lawmakers seek to make insurance companies pay for stage IV cancer
- Woman warns pet owners after nail found in Hartz dog treats sold at Target
- NC senator calls on governor to sue NYC over homeless relocation
- Nike’s new swimwear line includes swim hijab, full-coverage swimsuit
- Warrant: Georgia special needs teacher made child sit in soiled pants as ‘a lesson’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now