DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — An inmate who escaped from a prison work-release assignment in Durham Monday night has been captured, officials said in a news release.
Robert Terrell, 42, an inmate at the Orange Correctional Center in Hillsborough, was captured at 2:20 a.m. Tuesday by Durham police at Cornwallis Road at S. Roxboro Road.
Terrell was serving the last 10 months of a 6.5-year sentence as a habitual felon, the news release said.
He was at a work release assignment on East Club Boulevard in Durham when he was last seen around 6 p.m., officials said.
Terrell is about 5-feet 10-inches, weighs about 240 pounds, and is bald with a beard.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- State officials seek more New Orleans tourism after mayor approves fines up to $500
- $11.5 million in grants awarded to coastal NC for Hurricane Florence damage
- 2 dead after Navy plane crashes in Alabama neighborhood
- NC woman charged with murder after Davison County baby dies following methadone exposure
- 19-year-old killed, 14-year-old injured after shooting in Robeson County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now