DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A shooting investigation is underway after a woman was shot in the 800 block of North Briggs Avenue around 1:30 p.m. Sunday.
Authorities say the woman sustained a gunshot wound to the ankle and is being treated for a non-life threatening injury.
Police had closed off the street in the area with crime scene tape. Some evidence markers were visible in the driveway of a home.
No suspect information has been released.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is encouraged to call CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Biden to elevate role of science with cabinet picks
- Trump administration carries out 13th and final execution
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January