DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police arrested a man for robbing a bank Thursday morning, a news release said.
Police said Emanuel Joel Lennon, 50, of Durham entered the First Citizens Bank at 7101 Fayetteville Rd. around 11:15 a.m. He handed a teller a note demanding money. Lennon then fled the bank with a small amount of cash.
A short time later, a Durham police investigator located a man matching Lennon’s description at a nearby bus stop on Fayetteville Road.
Lennon was then arrested and charged with common-law robbery.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 cases continue climbing in US during holiday season
- Hockman, defense carry NC State over Georgia Tech, 23-13
- NC man’s holiday light display includes tribute to law enforcement, health care workers
- Book leads No. 2 Notre Dame past Syracuse to 45-21 victory in home finale
- Hundreds attend Youngsville Christmas parade despite objections from health officials