DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian died after he was hit by a minivan in Durham Saturday night, police said.
The incident was reported around 11 p.m. at the intersection of Horton Road and North Duke Street, according to Durham police.
A man was hit by the van and died at the scene. The driver of the van, which had major front-end damage, remained at the scene after the crash.
The man has since been identified as Robert Morrow.
Police said that their investigation showed that “Morrow was crossing the roadway without the pedestrian cross signal active and that the southbound lanes of Duke Street were emitting a steady green light.”
Authorities said they don’t believe alcohol, speed, or drugs were involved. No charges have been filed at this time.
The wreck is still under investigation, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rep. Mark Walker announces run for US Senate in 2022
- ‘Not a pop-up’: 200 Sephora locations to open in Kohl’s stores in 2021
- NewsNation, WGN America coming to YouTube TV in January 2021
- Fayetteville road rage incident leads to assault, police say
- Fayetteville man purchases $20 Loaded ticket, wins last $100,000 prize