DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was found shot at an apartment complex in Durham early on Thursday and later died at the hospital, police said.
The shooting occurred sometime after 12 a.m. in the 2900-block of Bainbridge Drive, according to officials.
Police said they responded to the scene at 12:24 a.m. and learned at that time that the victim, 25-year-old Jastin Alexander Hester, was no longer at the scene.
According to police, the man’s family transported him to the hospital with life-threatening injuries following the shooting. He died soon after arriving at the hospital.
Police said the shooting is believed to have happened inside an apartment.
No suspect information is available at this time and no charges have been filed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest teen battling colon cancer ‘thankful’ for support and spending holiday with family
- Thousands travel through RDU over Thanksgiving, but numbers plummet from last year
- 1 wounded after shots fired into car along Glenwood Avenue in North Raleigh
- NC mall closes early due to ‘disturbance’
- 1 dead, 2 more wounded in shooting at Duplin County party