DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was found shot at an apartment complex in Durham early on Thursday and later died at the hospital, police said.
The shooting occurred sometime after 12 a.m. in the 2900-block of Bainbridge Drive, according to officials.
Police said they responded to the scene at 12:24 a.m. and learned at that time that the victim, 25-year-old Jastin Alexander Hester, was no longer at the scene.
According to police, the man’s family transported him to the hospital with life-threatening injuries following the shooting. He died soon after arriving at the hospital.
Police said the shooting is believed to have happened inside an apartment.
No suspect information is available at this time and no charges have been filed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘There’s going to be justice done’: Ry-Con victims speak out after company president indicted
- CBS News poll: SC debate watchers most impressed by Sanders and Biden
- NC restaurant co-owner says he didn’t write racially-charged posts online
- Triangle businesses feel impacts of coronavirus spread; schools have plan prepared
- Alvarado has 19 points as Georgia Tech tops Clemson, 68-59
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now