DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was injured in a Durham shooting Sunday evening just feet from where a woman was injured in a shooting only hours earlier.
The first incident around 1:30 p.m. wounded a woman in the ankle in the 800 block of North Briggs Avenue.
Durham police could be seen putting down evidence markers in the driveway of a home just a couple of houses from the intersection with Holloway Street.
Just after 7:10 p.m., Durham police said that a shooting had taken place near North Briggs Avenue at Holloway Street.
A man was seriously injured in the shooting and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, police said.
No one has been charged in the latest shooting. The woman injured in the first shooting was treated for her injuries, which police said were not life-threatening.
No other information was released by police.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is encouraged to call CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- National Rife Association files for bankruptcy
- Wake County hoping to learn from issues elsewhere when it begins vaccinations for seniors, health care workers
- Post Malone teams up with charity to give away 10,000 pairs of Crocs to healthcare workers
- Macaulay Culkin backs call to remove Donald Trump from ‘Home Alone 2’
- Warning issued about several active scams related to COVID-19 vaccine