DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — One person was killed in a shooting in Durham on Saturday morning, police said.
The incident, which police are investigating as a homicide, was reported just before 10 a.m. in the 400 block of Plum Street, according to a news release from Durham police.
When police arrived, they found a man who had been shot. The scene is near the intersection with East Pettigrew Street.
“The male was transported to the hospital where he later died,” the news release said.
No other information was release by police, who said they were still investigating the shooting.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Investigator Cramer at (919) 560-4440 ext. 29284 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- When can you be around others? CDC updates coronavirus guidance
- Walt Disney World to reopen its Florida theme parks starting July 11
- COVID-19 in NC: Record number of hospitalizations reported by NCDHHS
- WATCH: Angry masked shoppers shout unmasked people out of grocery store
- Head of NC’s Division of Employment Security replaced effective immediately
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now