DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman is in custody and a man is in the hospital with possible life-threatening injuries following an altercation and shooting Tuesday night, according to Durham police.
Officers responded to the shooting near Nelson and Fayetteville streets, near the North Carolina Central University campus, around 8:25 p.m. in reference to a shooting.
According to police, a male and female were involved in some type of altercation inside a house that spilled out into the yard. The female then pulled out a gun and a struggle ensued between the two and the man was shot in the stomach.
The male victim was transported to the hospital with possible life-threatening injuries. The woman is in custody and police did not say if charges have been filed.
The identities of the victim and suspect have not been released.
This shooting was the fifth in Durham in a little over 24 hours. Six men were shot in four drive-bys on Monday, the first shooting was reported at 4:45 p.m. and the last around 11:15 p.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mooney, Gibbs lead Notre Dame to 87-71 win over Miami
- 2 bystanders and 3rd person shot when suspect opens fire inside La. restaurant
- Triangle-area police chiefs, chief justice appear on ‘Law & Order’ panel in Durham
- Man hits other man’s backside, walks out on tab next night, Myrtle Beach police say
- Wendell mom dies in Wake County crash on Ten Ten Road, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now