DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Police are looking for a suspect or suspects after a man was shot and killed Wednesday night in Durham.
The shooting was reported along the 300 block of Junction Road, Durham police said just before 8:15 p.m. They said an adult male was shot while standing outside and that the suspect or suspects fled on foot.
The man died at the scene, police said.
Authorities on Thursday identified the victim as 19-year-old Malik Rashaun Johnson.
There are no suspects at this time, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
- NC officials shut down church as ‘imminent hazard’ citing link to 3 deaths among 121 COVID-19 cases
- Charlotte police dodge gunfire while trying to stop driver at break-in call
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now