DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after a man was shot multiple times near downtown Wednesday morning.
According to police, officers responded to a shooting call in the 1300-block of Bacon Street shortly after 8 a.m. Once on scene, police found a man who had been shot multiple times.
The man was taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries that police believe are non-life threatening.
Police said that while investigating the shooting they were able to determine that the incident didn’t occur on Bacon Street but instead happened on Nixon Street.
No charges have been filed and there’s no suspect information at this time. Police did not provide any further information on the victim.
Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest holds virtual July 4th fireworks show amid pandemic
- Eastbound lanes of US 64 closed in Wake County due to wreck, troopers say
- At Rushmore, Trump to say protesters seek to ‘defame’ heroes
- Violence mars Portland protests, frustrates Black community
- Boy killed, girl injured among 4 victims in Alabama mall shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now