DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after a man was shot and killed at an intersection on Thursday morning, according to officials.
Officers were flagged down around 8:30 a.m. and told that a man had been shot at the intersection of Holloway and Raynor streets, police said.
Police responded to the scene and found the victim there. The man was transported to the hospital for treatment of serious injuries, according to police. The man later died at the hospital.
A murder investigation is now underway. There is no suspect information available at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Cramer at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29284 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham teen recovers from coronavirus, says it was the ‘sickest I had ever been’
- Unemployment claims in NC reach over 450,000, many still encountering issues to get claims processed
- Krispy Kreme to give healthcare workers a dozen doughnuts every Monday
- Sen. Schumer proposes $25,000 pay increase for essential workers
- Durham truck driver killed after stabbing 3 to death at Tennesee truck stop
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now