DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after a man was shot and killed at an intersection on Thursday morning, according to officials.
Officers were flagged down around 8:30 a.m. and told that a man had been shot at the intersection of Holloway and Raynor streets, police said.
Police responded to the scene and found the victim there. The man was transported to the hospital for treatment of serious injuries, according to police. The man later died at the hospital.
A murder investigation is now underway. There is no suspect information available at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Cramer at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29284 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Haunted Hills Terror Drive promises socially distanced scares
- Former Blue Bell president charged with trying to cover up 2015 Listeria contamination of ice cream
- Blue Bell Ice Cream holiday favorite returns to grocery freezer aisles
- Coronavirus vaccine: When will it be ready and will it be safe?
- 5 questions we have ahead of Thursday’s final Trump-Biden debate
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now