DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police say a man was shot “several times” Sunday afternoon.
The incident was reported around 5 p.m. in the 900 block of Juniper Street, which is near N. Alston Avenue north of Holloway Street, according to Durham police.
During the shooting, the man was hit several times in his leg, police said.
There were more than a dozen evidence markers, which are usually used to note where shell casings landed, in the street.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Police said the gunshot wounds do not appear to be life-threatening.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Years-long nurse shortage in NC exacerbated by pandemic, officials say
- 27 veterans die in COVID-19 outbreak at Illinois VA home
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey expected to miss game against Minnesota Vikings
- New mask material created at NC State makes up for shortage of N95, surgical masks
- Automatic driving systems can cause complacency behind the wheel