DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A man suffered life-threatening injuries after someone in a vehicle shot him while he was standing outside an apartment building Wednesday morning, Durham police said.
The shooting was reported just after 1 a.m. in the 3600-block of Danube Lane.
According to police, the man was sitting in front of an apartment when a vehicle pulled up, stopped and then a man sitting in the vehicle fired off multiple shots. The victim was hit by the gunfire and transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, police said.
No charges have been filed and there is no suspect information available.
Anyone with information is asked to call CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fan seriously injured in assault after Luke Bryan concert, Raleigh police say
- Person of interest has ‘key information’ in death of Holly Springs mom, police say
- ‘Stop Celebrating Genocide’: Vandals target Providence Christopher Columbus statue
- Orange juice refills lead to customers assaulting NC IHOP employees, police say
- 7-year-old suffers skull fracture as Cary woman crashes while driving impaired, court docs say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now