DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A suspect has been named after a man was killed and another person was wounded in a shooting last month along Cheek Road, the Durham County Sheriff’s Office said Monday.
Deputies responded around 12:45 p.m. July 27 to a report of a shooting on the 2800 block of Cheek Road, which is east of the city of Durham.
Two people were taken to the hospital with gunshot wounds, according to a news release from the Durham County Sheriff’s Office.
Damario Isiah Poole, 31, later died, deputies said.
On Monday, deputies said Christopher O’Neal Crews, 28, is a suspect in the case.
Crews is wanted on charges of aid and abet assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, accessory after the fact, and felony conspiracy, a news release said.
Crews, who spends time in Durham, Granville, and Vance counties, may be driving a silver 2017 Buick Verano with a 30-day tag 26374780, deputies said.
Anyone with information on Crews’ whereabouts or the location of the vehicle should contact the Durham County Sheriff’s Office at 919-560-0990 immediately.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Warrant: Missing Raleigh man was murdered in Wake County, body likely found in Virginia
- Work from home: These are the top jobs for remote careers
- NC sheriff issues statement after swastika found mowed in resident’s yard
- City of Raleigh fixing misspelled, incorrect street sign after CBS 17 inquiry
- Blue Bell to pay $17.25M in criminal penalties after 2015 listeria contamination