DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A 43-year-old man suffered life-threatening injuries after he was hit by a car early Tuesday morning while waiting at a bus stop in Durham, police said.
The driver didn’t stay at the scene, a news release said.
Shortly after midnight Tuesday, Roddrick Bumpers was waiting at a bus stop on Angier Avenue near South Guthrie Avenue. Investigators said a vehicle traveling westbound on Angier Avenue ran off the road to the right, hit Bumpers, then continued heading west on Angier Avenue.
Bumpers was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police believe the suspect vehicle is a red or burgundy 1997-2003 Ford truck or SUV. It was missing its right headlight and turn signal, the release said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Kozar at 919-560-4935, ext. 29450, or Crimestoppers at 919-683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No injuries after small plane crashes at Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport
- Revisiting Prince Charles’ 1996 trip to The Biltmore
- NC woman describes attack by possible coyote; photos show some of 13 puncture wounds
- Now approved to administer COVID-19 vaccine, NC dentists eager to help fight pandemic
- It’s a girl, Harry and expecting mom Meghan tell Oprah about 2nd child