DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A man was charged in connection with a fatal hit-and-run in Durham earlier in November, police said Tuesday.
The deadly crash happened around 8:30 p.m. on Nov. 3. Officers said William Christopher Smith, 50, of Durham, was crossing Fayetteville Street when he was hit by a vehicle. He died at the scene.
The vehicle involved — a 2009 Mitsubishi Galant — fled the scene, police said.
Jordan Keenan Wall, 27, of Durham, turned himself in, police said Tuesday. He was charged with felony hit-and-run involving serious injury/death, misdemeanor death by vehicle, and not having insurance, police said.
Wall was released on a $50,000 bond, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- New mask material created at NC State makes up for shortage of N95, surgical masks
- Automatic driving systems can cause complacency behind the wheel
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- NC’s private schools face more, larger COVID clusters than public schools
- 12-year-old driver, teen passenger killed in shooting on Tennessee interstate