DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating a Saturday night shooting that happened just hours after a group gathered to spotlight several days of gun violence.
The Saturday night shooting happened just after 7 p.m. in the 800 block of Angier Avenue, according to Durham police.
A man suffered what appear to be non-life-threatening injuries during the incident, police said.
The shooting victim was taken to Duke Hospital for treatment.
No suspect information was available, according to police.
Some of the six shootings in the last week — including two that were deadly — were drive-by shootings, but police said they could not confirm that about the Saturday night incident.
- Durham police investigating 2 murders near downtown
- The best-paying occupations that don’t require an advanced degree
- Mass shooting at large party in DC kills teenager, critically injures off-duty officer
- Wilson police ID 5-year-old killed in shooting; suspect still on the run
- Houses explode in Baltimore, killing 1 and trapping 1, fire union says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now