DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Police in Durham are looking for a suspect in a park shooting that happened Monday night.
The incident was reported around 10:15 p.m. and took place in Sherwood Park, which is near North Miami Boulevard and Cheek Road in east Durham, according to Durham police.
A man was shot while in the park and was taken in a private vehicle to the Food Lion parking lot at 2400 Holloway St., police said.
The man suffered a gunshot wound and was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, according to police
Police were searching Sherwood Park later Monday night for a suspect.
No other information was provided by police.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- California woman sues fertility doctor accused of using own sperm to impregnate her twice
- Sen. Thom Tillis introduces bill that would make attacks on police officers a federal crime
- Father of 2-year-old shot in Fayetteville was shot to death in May 2019, police say
- WATCH: Woman tells officer ‘I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- 2020 Maui Invitational to be held in Asheville; UNC, Davidson part of field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now