DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police say speed was a factor in a traffic collision Tuesday evening that left a motorcyclist dead.
The wreck was reported just after 7 p.m. along Highway 55 near Cornwallis and Riddle roads.
Police said a 66-year-old Durham woman driving a 2015 Mercedes sedan was attempting to turn left from Delchester Court onto Highway 55 when there was a collision with a 2002 Suzuki motorcycle.
Kenneth Douglas Hunter, 43, of Durham was driving the motorcycle northbound on Highway 55 when the collision occurred.
Hunter died at the scene.
While no charges have been filed at this time, Durham police said the investigation is ongoing.
Highway 55 between Cornwallis and Riddle roads were temporarilty closed while police investigated.
- Pride Month kicks off with festivities on First Friday in Raleigh
- 3 sand kittens born at the NC Zoo to first-time mom
- Highway patrol investigating triple-vehicle wreck in Granville County
- Allstate stops accepting new property insurance applications in California
- Moore County man charged with sexual exploitation of a child, sheriff’s office says