DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Gas line breaks in two separate locations shut down multiple roads across Durham on Tuesday, according to police.
The first gas line break, which police announced just before 10:30 a.m., occurred at University Drive and Academy Road.
Due to that ruptured line, University Drive was closed from Old Chapel Hill Road to Dixon Road. Academy Road and Mossdale Avenue were also closed near University Drive.
Dominion Energy was able to fix the break and the roads were reopened by 1:30 p.m.
The second busted gas line was reported just after 11 a.m. in the 1900-block of Holloway Street. Holloway is closed between Hardee Street and N. Miami Boulevard, according to police.
Dominion Energy said they have crews on Holloway Street working to make repairs.
Third-party companies were at fault for both ruptures, according to Dominion.
Drivers are being advised to avoid all impacted areas.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Amazon to kick off holiday shopping with October Prime Day
- Grandma dubbed ‘Zoom Karen’ goes viral after interrupting virtual class to blast BLM, Obama
- Bombshell Trump tax revelation could tarnish business mogul image that fueled his rise
- NC sheriff’s office warns of caller posing as deputy targeting registered sex offenders
- Trump’s former campaign manager hospitalized in Florida after threats to harm himself
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now