DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Northbound Interstate 85 was closed after a shooting in Durham late Thursday night, police said.
The shooting was reported just before 10:30 p.m. Thursday. The victim was in a vehicle traveling north on I-85 near the Roxboro Street when shots were fired from another vehicle. The victim’s vehicle crashed into a concrete median between the Roxboro Street and Avondale Drive exits, police said Friday.
One person was shot in the leg. That person is expected to be OK. Another person in the car suffered minor injuries as a result of the crash, police said.
Durham police had said on Twitter around 11 p.m. Thursday that the northbound lanes were closed. Traffic was routed back onto Avondale Drive until the road reopened around 4:15 a.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Colonial Pipeline site assessment reveals an estimated 1.2M gallons of gasoline leaked in NC town
- Japan stands firm on Tokyo Olympics schedule, denies report of cancellation
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Miller Lite semi-truck crashes into NC home
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Senate Republicans can shut door on immigration reform with filibuster