DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Northbound Interstate 85 was closed after a shooting in Durham late Thursday night, police said.
The shooting was reported just before 10:30 p.m. Thursday. The victim was in a vehicle traveling north on I-85 near the Roxboro Street when shots were fired from another vehicle. The victim’s vehicle crashed into a concrete median between the Roxboro Street and Avondale Drive exits, police said Friday.
One person was shot in the leg. That person is expected to be OK. Another person in the car suffered minor injuries as a result of the crash, police said.
Durham police had said on Twitter around 11 p.m. Thursday that the northbound lanes were closed. Traffic was routed back onto Avondale Drive until the road reopened around 4:15 a.m.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 1 person shot at intersection west of downtown Durham, police say
- Family remembers NC construction worker killed by SUV at work site
- Major fire at Lake Luzerne home belonging to Rachael Ray
- 8 inmates test positive for COVID-19 at Durham County jail
- NC coworkers decide to split ‘ridiculous’ $4 million lottery win