DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – An off-duty Durham Sheriff’s Department deputy was injured after shots where fired into his vehicle shortly after 10 a.m. Saturday.
The deputy was driving his personal vehicle in the area of North Mineral Springs Road when a silver sedan fired several shots into his car.
The deputy was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
A Hyundai Sonata was found abandoned off Courtney Creek Boulevard later Saturday afternoon.
The same car was seen in surveillance video on N.C. 98 and Oak Grove Parkway around the time of the shooting, officials said.
Anyone with information should contact the Durham County Sheriff’s Office at 919-560-0900.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina ski resorts now open and working to keep people safe during pandemic
- Money management: Stress-testing your finances and portfolio
- Holiday hot-list: Trendy, affordable gift ideas for the whole family
- Monday, November 23rd: Affordable gift ideas, superfoods nutrition that will boost your immune system
- Gov. Cooper announces stricter mask mandate as COVID-19 continues to spread