DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian was hit by a vehicle and died Friday night in Durham, police said.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. in the 900 block of Old Oxford Road.
Police say 24-year-old Dejan Foster was rollerblading in the southbound lane when he was struck by a 2007 Nissan Altima.
The driver of the Altima, 47-year-old Michael Carrigan was traveling north on Old Oxford Road when he crossed the dotted yellow line, into the southbound lane, to pass an SUV and that is when police say Foster was struck.
Foster was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Carrigan remained at the scene after the crash and was charged with speeding and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Parts of Johnston County under boil-water advisory after water main break
- Man stole nearly $90k from NC bank vault, FBI says
- NC State football player hid under car after fake ID found in Raleigh, warrants say
- Northbound I-95 in Harnett County reopens after vehicle crash
- Fayetteville woman and man killed in two-vehicle crash
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now