DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian was hit by a vehicle and died Friday night in Durham, police said.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. in the 900 block of Old Oxford Road.
Police say 24-year-old Dejan Foster was rollerblading in the southbound lane when he was struck by a 2007 Nissan Altima.
The driver of the Altima, 47-year-old Michael Carrigan was traveling north on Old Oxford Road when he crossed the dotted yellow line, into the southbound lane, to pass an SUV and that is when police say Foster was struck.
Foster was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Carrigan remained at the scene after the crash and was charged with speeding and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Ohio car wash transforms into Halloween haunt
- No arrest 5 days after Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s kidnapping
- Brothers saved meth equipment in fire, left their grandmother to die, according to DA
- Sunday murder of Bojangles’ customer makes 2019 NC city’s deadliest year since 1995
- Duke ranked No. 4, UNC No. 9 in preseason AP basketball poll
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now