DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian was hit by a vehicle and died Friday night in Durham, police said.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. in the 900 block of Old Oxford Road.
Police say 24-year-old Dejan Foster was rollerblading in the southbound lane when he was struck by a 2007 Nissan Altima.
The driver of the Altima, 47-year-old Michael Carrigan was traveling north on Old Oxford Road when he crossed the dotted yellow line, into the southbound lane, to pass an SUV and that is when police say Foster was struck.
Foster was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Carrigan remained at the scene after the crash and was charged with speeding and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- K-9 bites cow, SC deputy tases K-9, cow kicks deputy
- Thursday Fur-cast | January 23
- Popular Durham seafood restaurant reopens 9 months after deadly downtown gas explosion
- Wake County farmers, fire department impacted after road washed away in summer remains closed
- Wild video shows Kyle Shanahan correctly predict penalty before it happens