DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A pedestrian was seriously injured after being hit by a vehicle Tuesday evening in south Durham, police said.
The incident was reported just before 6:30 p.m. near the intersection of Cook Road and Fayetteville Street, according to Durham police.
Authorities asked motorists to avoid the area, which is a few blocks south of the Fayetteville Road intersection with Barbee Road, while police are investigating the incident.
No other details were provided.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wake Forest teen battling colon cancer ‘thankful’ for support and spending holiday with family
- Thousands travel through RDU over Thanksgiving, but numbers plummet from last year
- 1 wounded after shots fired into car along Glenwood Avenue in North Raleigh
- NC mall closes early due to ‘disturbance’
- 1 dead, 2 more wounded in shooting at Duplin County party