DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) - The Durham Fire Department responded to a fire at the Treyburn Country Club located at 1 Old Trail Drive around 4 a.m. Sunday.
Units arrived and found the tennis court clubhouse fully engulfed.
Sunday afternoon, police said Steven Watts, 18, was arrested by Durham police.
Watts was charged with arson of a commercial building, breaking and entering, and larceny after a break-in.
Police said a witness led them to develop Watts as a suspect.
No one was injured and the cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Officials say the cause of the fire is considered suspicious.
No other information has been released.
- Family speaks out after man released from jail following encounter with Raleigh police
- Raleigh police respond to shooting on Woodpecker Court
- Man, woman hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after shooting at Raleigh motel
- UNC historian calls Confederate monument movement 'a turning point in history'
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 3-judge panel blocks 2 amendments from NC ballot
- NC man wanted in assault of pregnant Waffle House waitress arrested in California
- ECU bus hits, injures bicyclist
- NC Zoo announces name of 2nd southern white rhino born in July