DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A worker got his legs trapped in a trench near the football and track fields at North Carolina Central University in Durham, according to the Durham Fire Department.
First responders responded to the call shortly after 10:32 a.m. Tuesday. They worked to shore up the trench so the worker could be extracted safely. The worker was doing fine during the rescue operation, fire officials said.
The worker was freed just before 12:30 p.m., according to the Durham Fire Department. He is currently being treated at Duke Hospital.
It wasn’t immediately clear what kind of construction was being done.
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
- Holly Springs sweeps non-conference slate with 49-20 win at Cary
- Drive of the Week: Holly Springs wastes no time opening scoring | Week 5
- Nose gear collapses as small plane lands at Fayetteville airport
- Wes Hohenstein visits Easley Elementary School 2nd graders
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Week 5