DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A worker got his legs trapped in a trench near the football and track fields at North Carolina Central University in Durham, according to the Durham Fire Department.
First responders responded to the call shortly after 10:32 a.m. Tuesday. They worked to shore up the trench so the worker could be extracted safely. The worker was doing fine during the rescue operation, fire officials said.
The worker was freed just before 12:30 p.m., according to the Durham Fire Department. He is currently being treated at Duke Hospital.
It wasn’t immediately clear what kind of construction was being done.
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now
- Wounded veteran from NC made threat about NY town hall, police say
- NC 15-year-old raped, robbed woman, police say
- Prison time for Durham clerk’s killer not long enough, friend of victim says
- House passes emergency funding bill for migrant care crisis
- Public weighs in on traffic plans for Crabtree Valley Mall area