DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – North Alston Avenue in Durham will close for hours for road repairs on Thursday.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation said the closure is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Crews will close the road again Friday morning if they don’t get the work done Thursday.
The closure is between Gann Street and Angier Avenue near the Durham Freeway.
To get around the closure, drivers traveling north on the Durham Freeway will instead take exit 12 to Fayetteville Street and take that to Elizabeth Street before heading down Holloway Street.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- After nearly closing due to the pandemic, Raleigh costume shop seeing big Halloween business
- 8-year-old accidentally shot, killed inside NC home, police say
- As virus surges, Trump rallies keep packing in thousands
- Colorado man denied lottery winnings after missing deadline by 3 days
- Tracking the Tropics: Disturbance has 80% chance of developing over the Caribbean
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now