DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A 24-year-old Durham man was killed in a traffic collision on Interstate 40 west early Friday.
At 6:10 a.m., Antonio Waddell, 24, of Durham was driving a 2010 Nissan Altima when he rear-ended a Ford F-150 near the N.C. Highway 751 exit, police said.
Waddell was ejected during the collision. He was taken to the hospital but later died, police said.
The driver of the truck was also transported to the hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Police said speed appears to have been a factor in the crash.
The westbound lanes were closed following the crash for about three hours.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Nigerian state says rapists will face surgical castration
- UNC safety Wolffork academically ineligible
- Woman accused of stabbing victim sitting on bench at Wilmington park
- Show your support local “Real Men” as they support the fight against breast cancer
- Friday, September 18th : Local pumpkin carver shines on “Halloween Wars”, Real Men Wear Pink Telethon
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now