Some suffer vision problems at Durham VA after wrong bulb used in bug zapper

Durham County News

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A group of people at the Durham VA Medical Center suffered eyesight problems this past week after they were exposed to an incorrect light.

Five people were in a meeting at the VA Center when the incident happened, according to Yves-Marie Daley, a spokeswoman for the Durham VA Health Care System.

A common bug zapper was in the area, but it contained the wrong bulb, Daley said Sunday.

Those who had vision problems were a resident of the VA, a contractor and three staff members.

“They are healing and we have checked similar equipment across the organization to ensure the safety of our staff,” Daley said in a statement.

No other information was released.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Click here for full list of trending stories