DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) - The Durham County Sheriff's office has arrested the son of a man who was found dead inside his home Tuesday night following a standoff that lasted for five hours.
Authorities say 33-year-old Chivalry Alexander Moore of Kinston was taken into custody on Saturday evening after being released from the hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound fired by a deputy during Tuesday's standoff.
Moore has been charged with murder in the death of his father, 60-year-old Willie Moore, whose body was found inside the Tomahawk Trail home where he lived.
The deputy involved in the shooting has been placed on leave, pending an SBI and internal investigation. The deputy has been with the Sheriff's Office since 2013.
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Best friend remembers teen killed walking home from Hoke County party
- Raleigh restaurant fire under investigation
- Deputies have 'person of interest' after 21 horses found dead in Wake County
- High school student killed in shooting while walking home from Hoke County party
- NC Coast Guard coalition opens pop-up food pantry to help furloughed families
- 'As long as they're alive, there's hope,' says NC dad who lost daughter to overdose
- NC bank among 7 robbed in a month by 'Traveling Bandit,' FBI says
- House Speaker Moore invites President Trump to deliver State of the Union in NC