DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police are investigating a shooting and possible carjacking that happened near Angier Avenue & Dale Street on Tuesday.
A spokesperson with the Durham Police Department told CBS 17 officers responded to the intersection about 1 p.m.
Police said a person was shot and was taken to the hospital for treatment for serious injuries.
Authorities spotted the stolen vehicle and attempted to stop it. That’s when the suspect crashed into a patrol car near the intersection of Geer Street and North Alston Avenue.
Police said it does not appear the officer or the suspect suffered injuries in the collision.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Campbell women’s soccer takes conference title, learns Monday their foe in NCAA Tournament
- Triangle doctors discuss rare clots found in handful of J&J COVID-19 vaccine recipients
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it
- NC women takeing classes to protect themselves after sexual assault and violence
- Man charged with hit-and-run in Raleigh crash that injured motorcyclist, closed US 1 for hours