DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police are investigating a shooting and possible carjacking that happened near Angier Avenue & Dale Street on Tuesday.
A spokesperson with the Durham Police Department told CBS 17 officers responded to the intersection about 1 p.m.
Police said a person was shot and was taken to the hospital for treatment for serious injuries.
Authorities spotted the stolen vehicle and attempted to stop it. That’s when the suspect crashed into a patrol car near the intersection of Geer Street and North Alston Avenue.
Police said it does not appear the officer or the suspect suffered injuries in the collision.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Report: Washington Redskins to remove Native American imagery
- Tulsa health official says Trump rally ‘likely contributed’ to spike in coronavirus cases
- Ivy League calls off fall sports due to outbreak
- Man in stolen SUV arrested after crashing into woman in stolen car, police say
- Supply shortages slow down COVID-19 testing in North Carolina