DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police are investigating a shooting and possible carjacking that happened near Angier Avenue & Dale Street on Tuesday.
A spokesperson with the Durham Police Department told CBS 17 officers responded to the intersection about 1 p.m.
Police said a person was shot and was taken to the hospital for treatment for serious injuries.
Authorities spotted the stolen vehicle and attempted to stop it. That’s when the suspect crashed into a patrol car near the intersection of Geer Street and North Alston Avenue.
Police said it does not appear the officer or the suspect suffered injuries in the collision.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites
- 2 groups exchanged gunfire outside North Carolina day care, police say
- North Carolina Marine – the oldest living – celebrates 107th birthday
- Garner chief: Police chase of stolen vehicle ends when it crashes into Raleigh house
- Hoke County man arrested in Mississippi on 332 charges mostly related to child sex crimes, sheriff says